EDUCATIONAL RESOURCESLearn more about best management practices and protecting water resources in the Midwest.
Want to help keep our streams clean?
- Avoid littering—garbage collects in the catch basins and can end up polluting your favorite fishing hole.
- Keep your car maintained—fluids that leak out of your car collect in parking lots can be washed into the catch basins and be carried to the creeks.
- Be mindful when applying fertilizer to your lawn—over fertilizing can cause an excess of algae in our neighborhood ponds.
- Finally, don’t dump anything like motor oil, dirt or waste into the street or into catch basins—remember the water in the catch basins is not filtered before it enters our creeks.
Check out the links below for more resources:
Learn About Climate Change:
- EPA’s Climate Change Homepage
- How Climate Change Impacts Water Resources in the Midwest
- Effect of Climate Change on Algae