Interns at Gewalt Hamilton spend their summer working alongside individuals of similar ages and interests on a wide variety of tasks. Each intern is assigned a mentor from our seasoned staff and regularly assists with engineering design, drafting using AutoCAD and Microstation, survey data collection, traffic data collection and field observation. This “hands-on” approach not only complements an engineering or related education with in-house classes and training for AutoCAD, construction cost estimating, and stormwater management, but it also allows students to gain a background in practical application of these skills.
Gewalt Hamilton’s internship program:
- Offers real world experiences on exciting projects
- Demonstrates first-hand how civil engineering transforms people and places
- Provides collaboration with knowledgeable professionals
- Provides weekly after work learning opportunities presented by Gewalt Hamilton‘s leaders
- Fine tunes leadership and communications skills through year end presentations
- Establishes a strong work ethic
- Cultivates a potential job after graduation
At the conclusion of the summer season, we plan a company picnic where students are asked to make a short presentation about their experience during the summer with prizes awarded for the best presentations. Other activities include outings to baseball games, a volleyball team, and company luncheons.
Internships are available to freshmen through graduate students. If you are interested in applying for an internship, please submit your resume along with a cover letter to: email@example.com