The responsibilities of the position include:
• Stormwater management system design and analysis, including detention, conveyance system, and stormwater quality BMPs;
• Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, drainage investigation, and floodplain and floodway analyses;
• Preparation of drainage studies and hydraulic reports;
• Engineering design, plan preparation, specifications, and other related tasks for site developments, roadway improvements and flood control projects;
• Obtaining various regulatory permits.
This engineer will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering;
• PE License and Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) preferred;
• 4+ years of experience in civil engineering with an emphasis on stormwater management design and analysis;
• Strong experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, PondPack, StormCAD, TR20, and XPSWMM;
• Working knowledge of GIS, AutoCAD and/or Microstation;
• Basic understanding of the federal, state, and local stormwater, floodplain and floodway permitting requirements and experience in obtaining various permits;
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
GHA offers excellent benefit packages that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parental Leave, Additional Paid Time Off, 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing and Tuition Reimbursement. To learn more, please visit us at www.gha-engineers.com.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an e-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.