This position will primarily consist of performing design engineering and overseeing plan production efforts on a variety of roadway/highway projects for State, County, and Local Agencies. Individual should possess the knowledge of roadway/highway design, including horizontal and vertical alignments, grading and drainage, maintenance of traffic, erosion control, pavement marking, and utility improvements. This position requires independent work skills and the ability to communicate and collaborate with GHA staff, the project team, as well as clients and outside review agencies. The candidate must be self-motivated and organized to handle a variety of tasks on multiple projects.
- Serves as technical manager of Phase I and/or Phase II roadway design engineering projects.
- Perform roadway design, including; alignments, profiles, and geometric plans.
- Prepare plans, special provisions and estimates with a thorough understanding of IDOT policies and procedures.
- Responsible for managing and monitoring staff to ensure project schedules, budgets, and client satisfaction are met.
- Responsible for project coordination including client and subconsultant liaison.
- Ability to train and develop staff.
- Assist in proposal preparation and developing project budgets.
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering with an Illinois Professional Engineer’s License.
- Minimum of 8+ years of roadway design experience with an understanding of IDOT processes.
- Strong MicroStation/GEOPAK experience required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
Salary / Benefits:
Salary Range dependent on experience $85,800 – $101,400 plus potential bonus, PTO, Floating Holidays, Paid Holidays, 401k Retirement Plan/Profit Sharing Plan, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Maternity/Paternity Leave.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an e-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.