The position will primarily consist of performing design engineering and plan production efforts on a variety of transportation projects for State, County and Local Agencies. Individual should possess a knowledge of roadway/highway design, horizontal and vertical alignments, grading and drainage, and utility improvements using Microstation/GEOPAK. This position requires independent work skills and the ability to communicate and collaborate with GHA staff and the project team, as well as clients and outside agencies to achieve necessary approvals. The candidate must be self-motivated and organized to handle a variety of tasks on multiple projects.
- Design roadway/highway, underground utilities, and infrastructure improvements for state, county and municipal clients in accordance with accepted design standards using Microstation/GEOPAK.
- Complete engineering plans and specifications using IDOT Standards.
- Oversee design for multiple Federal Aid Phase I and Phase II projects for a variety of clients.
- Ability to perform independent CAD work as well as direct and review production of drawings by others.
- Work with Project Manager to ensure your team’s tasks, quality, project schedules, budgets and client satisfaction are met.
- Communicates with project team and clients regarding project issues, coordinates, leads and attends technical meetings, as required.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering with a Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- Minimum of 3 years of roadway/highway design experience with an understanding of IDOT processes.
- Strong Microstation/GEOPAK skills are required.
- Ability to work in a team-first culture that encourages individual development and accomplishment of goals.
- Must be able to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and good work ethic.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
GHA offers excellent benefit packages that include: Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Additional Paid Time Off, 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing and Tuition Reimbursement. To learn more, please visit us on the web at www.gha-engineers.com.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an e-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.